The Poetry of Nature

From a starburst,
They were born,
Two capsules of light,
Containing hearts so full of hope,
Their optimistic dreamscape,
Radiated warmth,
Like a globe split in two,
Equal portions of yin and yang,
Logic defying her magic,
Magic defying her logic,
aurulent prisms erupted,
Binding two reflections as one,
Cascading an unbroken link,
That would attach them eternally,
Forgetting who they were previously,
In exchange for
Who they were to become,
Until colliding planets,
Birthed anew,
And universal guidance,
Led to paramount timing,
From sliding doors,
To fated words,
Joined by two wounds,
That renewed their recognition,
Of a soul depth beyond facial,
Sparking their senses,
An awakening of mirrored balance,
Restoring their bond,
From the centuries,
Of their prodigious attachment,
Light years ago.


In the depths of the ocean lies a silent breeze

But one sees only the surface waves

While ecosystems thrive within.

Only some bother to snorkel

And marvel at its vibrancy.

A few more dare to dive deeper

With a tank or just a breath hold,

To feel the cool waters underneath.

Risking, knowing there’s so much more

That eyes from the surface or shore can’t reach.

Most, look at the weather report,

For a sunny cloudless day.

Splashing on the paddle boards

Stuck in the surf zone

Surfing on the surface.

Saying “tell me more”

Only to retreat with the sun at dusk.

Small talking around a bonfire

Exchanging stories, they’ve come to know,

Might just become genesis of future folklore.

Behind them in the open waters

Somewhere a Blue whale breaches on the surface.

Or in the depths of the abyss a thermal vent

Gives elixir to the life it holds.

And even in the darkness

Bioluminescence, lights up the ocean floor.



The journey begins at the river's mouth,

As frigid waters guide my craft due south

Great glacial giants dominate my view

Above and below, endless shades of Blue

with time and space, the waters grow warmer

Sun grazed pines line shores in splendid order

I drift gently into a pristine lake

Scent of spring air in every breath I take

Soaking up sun into every pore

A moment of bliss, craving nothing more

I continue down the crystal river

Songs of the wild call from forest timbers

Summer wolves come out to play, howling sweet

I pause to observe in the midday heat

That lupine magic calls me like thunder

A fork ahead bids me cause to wonder

One waterway trail is shiny and smooth

Gentle, graceful bends that would ease and soothe

The other rushed with white water fury

A deadly quest that was judge and jury

Instinctually, I veered to the right

My wanderlust pounded with pure delight

Reckless and free I braved the wondrous rush

The rapids brought me to an autumn hush

Rejuvenated, I slowly floated

Back into a world so winter coated

What I physically gave was worth the toll

River waters have cleansed my tired soul.


Comments